UITS Support Center job opportunities - IUB, IUPUI, or IU Northwest
Support Center consultant
The UITS Support Center is hiring part-time consultant positions. Consultants are scheduled to work between 20-29 hours per week and are required to be available to work evening and/or weekend shifts. We require a commitment to work at least 2 full semesters.
Consultants provide tier 1 technical assistance to students, faculty, and staff of the IU-supported communities over multiple services such as phone, email, chat, and walk-in. Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides technical advising and troubleshooting support to clients in order to resolve problems reported for multiple service areas, including but not limited to:
- Desktop and mobile computing device platforms (including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android and others)
- Central systems (email, learning management systems, storage platforms, etc.)
- Campus networking (wired and wireless connectivity)
- Documents all customer interactions for research, review, and future reference.
- Follows up with clients until a satisfactory resolution is reached. As necessary, escalates unresolved issues to the appropriate supervisors, tier 2 staff, and administrators.
- Updates technical documentation in the IU Knowledge Base for both internal and public consumption.
We are committed to providing excellent customer service during every single customer contact. Our service extends 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and our schedules are set on a semester basis.
Applicants are required to have prior customer service experience, proven technical abilities, excellent communication skills, and the ability to speak English clearly and well.
Applicants MUST submit a resume and cover letter to be considered.
Schedulers request availability templates from each consultant before the start of each semester (fall, spring, and summer) to create a semester template. Each week's schedule is based on the semester template. Shifts are assigned based on a combination of staffing needs, consultant availability, seniority, and attendance history. Support Center consultants are required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week and may work a maximum of 29 hours per week.
UITS has an established, multi-step recruiting and hiring process designed to discover the best candidates for positions.
Applicants: There are no set timeframes for hiring processes, but UITS will keep you apprised of your application status.
Tips: Include relevant work history and qualifications; ensure contact information is up-to-date; and double-check for content and format errors.
Tips: Have a phone interview? Find a quiet, secure location and use a landline or fully charged cell phone. For in-person interviews, arrive early and ask questions.
UITS HR will contact you after the interview process. If offered the job, congratulations! You will then need to complete work authorization forms and pass a background check.
To review more best practices for application submission and interviewing, download all hiring and recruiting tips.
Starting wage is $13 per hour ($13.50 per hour for after-hours shifts)
Consultants at any campus may be eligible for a $0.50 raise upon completion of their first 90 days of employment.
If you're interested in becoming a Support Center consultant, apply online here.
For questions or more information about Support Center job opportunities:
- Bloomington: Email email@example.com
- Indianapolis: Email firstname.lastname@example.org