REN-ISAC ADA Website Compliance Intern
The Research and Education Networking Information Sharing and Analysis Center (REN-ISAC) is hosted at Indiana University and our staff report to the Office of the Vice President for Information Technology through the Public Safety and Institutional Assurance unit. We receive funding and support from membership fees, Indiana University, Internet2, and EDUCAUSE.
REN-ISAC has two primary roles. As the computer security incident response team (CSIRT) supporting the R&E community at-large, we serve the entire EDU space in the United States, including non-members. In this role, we work with trusted third parties to notify higher education institutions of infected hosts and suspicious network traffic.
REN-ISAC serves over 600 member institutions in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the UK, and the United States. For a modest annual fee, member institutions gain access to additional services and benefits.
The intern selected for this position will assist with identifying Information Security trends within the Higher Education community, understanding geographic/regional/financial constraints of Higher Education institutions, and analyzing opportunities for REN-ISAC to retain/increase member institutions.
This position offers candidates a unique opportunity to learn about and gain work experience in Cybersecurity–a field with growing opportunity and a bright future.
Description of duties:
Assisting REN-ISAC Professional Staff members with a review of public facing documentation and websites with a focus on providing accommodations with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Website updates/management,
- document editing and f
- ormatting documentation for ADA compliance,
- analyze and asses online and written content for compliance
- Evening / weekend availability is not required.
- The position is eligible for an average of 10hrs/week for up to 15 weeks.
Students from all academic backgrounds are welcome.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- General interest in Information Security and technology
- Experience with web design
- Basic familiarity with designing websites using HTML and CSS
- Experience with Wordpress or other web content systems (WCMS)
- Familiarity with ADA concepts
Project Supervisor: Joseph Potchanant
Home Campus: Bloomington or Indianapolis
Applicants should submit a cover letter indicating "REN-ISAC ADA Website Compliance Intern" and a resume including skills relevant to job requirements to: UITSHR@iu.edu