IU Sitehosting Intern
WebTech is seeking an intern to help with the rollout of the new IU Sitehosting environment and the retirement of the current environment. The intern will have the opportunity to receive mentorship by professional system analysts in WebTech and interact with web professionals in organizations throughout the IU system and gain experience working in a technology-rich and creative team environment. The intern will work alongside the WebTech and Web Services Support teams to assist with the migration from Webserve to Sitehost.
Description of duties:
- The student intern will help with fulfilling virtual host requests.
- The student intern will test and write documentation.
- The student intern will assist in troubleshooting issues in IU Sitehosting systems.
- The student intern will help run CIS benchmarks and document recommendation for IU Sitehosting systems for implementation.
- The student intern will assist in reviewing Qualys Scans for IU Sitehosting systems and help implement remediation strategies.
- The student intern will assist in review file system scans
- The student intern will assist in developing automation tasks.
- The student intern will research and explore new and innovative ways to improve system processes and make recommendations to the WebTech team based on findings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Detailed-oriented student with an interest in technology and eager to learn about new technology topics.
- Experience with and interest in web site design and development, hosting, and support.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and great customer service. The successful candidate must be willing to work on deadline and accept peer review and final edits of their own work, as well as provide constructive feedback to others.
- The intern must be comfortable learning to use new technology, such as web content management systems.
- Minimum of ten hours a week
Project Supervisor: Craig Spanburg
Applicants should submit a cover letter indicating "Sitehosting" and resume including skills relevant to project requirements to: UITSHR@iu.edu