This internship in UITS Digital Education Programs and Initiatives (DEPI) on the Student Outreach team will provide hands-on experience developing and implementing initiatives, events, and projects that raise awareness and adoption of the technologies available to students at IU. The intern would be involved with student-focused events, web site development, video editing, and other means of connecting students with technology at IU. In addition, the student would be encouraged to explore new and interesting ways to engage with students and technology, some of which might include using emerging technologies to inspire students, forming a new student organization, and using social media and videos to reach out to student populations. This internship would be a great fit for students with an interest in technology, student affairs, marketing, and/or event and project planning.
Description of duties:
- In collaboration with DEPI Student Outreach staff, brainstorm and help bring to fruition student-focused initiatives and programs
- Contribute to Keep Learning website content and updates
- Assist with event planning and implementation (online and possibly in-person)
- Potential duties and skill development: video editing, graphic design, 3D printing and VR, and more
- Experience with and passion for technology
- Experience in project management and implementation or a strong desire to take ideas from brainstorming to planning to implementation.
Project Supervisor: Jeannette Lehr
Home Campus: Bloomington
Applicants should submit a cover letter indicating "DEPI Student Outreach" and resume including skills relevant to project requirements to UITSHR@iu.edu