Cloud Technology Support Intern
This internship in UITS would assist with the research, testing, and documentation of public cloud technologies available to the Indiana University (IU) community as well as onboarding of user accounts. This position will play a meaningful role in shaping the process for the adoption of cloud computing at IU for teaching, research, development and personal skill building.
Description of Duties:
- Manage training and deployment projects dealing with both campus and vendor constituents.
- Develop and document support, training and adoption guidelines for cloud computing at IU.
- Create cloud platform recommendations for the IU community, particularly faculty and students.
- Assist in cloud account configuration, onboarding and high-level support.
Applicant should be a sophomore, junior or senior majoring in Informatics, Computer Science, Information Science, or other related field, but all with relevant experience are encouraged to apply. In addition to project management skills, self-motivation, demonstrated personal responsibility and strong written communication skills, the applicant must have a conceptual understanding of:
- general computing concepts such as client/server architectures
- cloud computing basics, including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
Knowledge of the following areas are also helpful:
- computer networking
- computer security
Supervisors: Bob Flynn
Home campus: Bloomington
Applicants should submit a cover letter indicating "Cloud Technology Support Intern" and a resume including skills relevant to job requirements to: UITSHR@iu.edu