This internship in the Cyberinfrastructure Assessment and Evaluation (CAE) unit of the Pervasive Technology Institute (PTI) will assist with the development of visual representations of quantitative and qualitative survey data. This internship would expose the student to tools such as Google Data Studio, Tableau, SPSS, Microsoft Excel, and Qualtrics survey software. In addition, the student would be afforded the opportunity to discuss and analyze emerging technologies in a professional environment outside the classroom, as well as work with functional stakeholders representing PTI and UITS. This internship would be appropriate for students with an interest in statistics, assessment, web development, data visualization, and storytelling.
Description of duties:
- Work with the CAE team to create visualizations of longitudinal, qualitative, and quantitative study data.
- Document work processes so that they are reproducible.
- Develop best practices for data visualization to ensure easy understanding.
- Create web interfaces using appropriate tools (e.g., Tableau) for data exploration and visualization.
- Adhere to all IRB policies and protocols regarding human subjects.
- Gain exposure to modern data visualization techniques and survey designs.
- Basic understanding of statistics and data analysis methodologies.
- Familiarity with survey and data visualization software platforms.
- Strong problem solving, analytical thinking, and data analysis skills.
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- Exposure to Google Data Studio, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, and/or Qualtrics survey software preferred.
Project Supervisor: Julie Wernert
Home Campus: Bloomington
Applicants should submit a cover letter indicating "CAE Intern" and resume including skills relevant to project requirements to: